Monday 3 June 2013

IT'S GETTING CLOSER

It's less than a year since I first went to Uganda and yet I was there in January again for a month and in August I'll be heading there at the start of a period of time when I'll be spending more time there than in the UK.

This Saturday (8th June) I'll be slightly belatedly celebrating my birthday and my going out to Africa by holding a party. Yes, it's costing me but it gives me a chance to thank family and friends for being part of my life. It will also provide an opportunity for people to contribute towards the project I'm going out to Uganda to be part of.


This is the first building of the Maranatha Gateway vocational training centre Project in the beautiful Ssese Islands in Lake Victoria. Situated on the east coast of Bugala Island - on a small, rocky, jungle peninsula called Sozi (rocky hill) - we are developing a centre where we intend to teach basic life skills to people who have never had the chance of an education.


In my future blogs I want to fully introduce you to the Maranatha Gateway Project, to Bugala Island and its people, to Uganda (the Pearl of Africa) and to my thoughts and adventures during the next months and years.


No comments:

Post a Comment