Saturday 10 August 2013

Here at last

Well, I'm here - at Water World, Kalangala, Ssese Islands, Uganda!

Although home seems so far away it only seems hours, rather than days, since the goodbye's at Manchester Airport. Saying goodbye is so hard and I never thought there would be someone so special to have to say goodbye to.

Already it has been an eventful time. Even coming over on the plane from Heathrow to Entebbe I sat next to a guy from Dallas Texas who is a dollar millionaire  CEO of several companies and who is a personal friend of Richard Branson. He was travelling with a pastor from Texas who has projects in Uganda. During their visit they were due to meet with both the Kabaka (King of Buganda) and the Ugandan Prime Minister.

I was met at Entebbe by David, a Canadian who lives on the island but who flew out today to Cuba via Canada for a few months working on a project. We had breakfast then I went to a FOREX (Foreign Exchange) where I was asked by the owner (who turned out to be a pastor) if I was Omulokole (Born Again) and, as I affirmed it, he has invited me to speak at his church in the autumn.

The sailing over to the island was good and we now have our truck here. I tried to sleep on the ship as I hadn't slept on the flight but I didn't manage it.

Yesterday I visited the Maranatha Gateway Project site at Sozi where Kaben, Florence and their 18-month-old Enoch are living. Kaben's down with malaria at the moment. There are now pigs, goats, ducks and a hen on the land.

On the way back I popped to Beri's Place in Mweena - an orphanage for 40 girls between 8 and 22 who have mostly come from backgrounds of abuse. Then on to Bridge of Hope School in Kalangala to see Lawrence Lweera the school's director. As I was talking with him in the staff room we were joined by Racheal who I sponsor. Racheal had a bad headache she'd had for some time - I laid hands on her for healing and the headache totally went.

On each of the three evenings I've been here I've eaten at Mama Aisha's just down the road from Water World. Breakfast here was egg sandwiches yesterday and chapatti with boiled egg and banana this morning - washed down with Nescafe! I haven't had any Pineapple yet!

I spent a short time with Pastor Fred Assimwe this afternoon (Friday) and I'll see him again tomorrow then again at GIOP (God Is Our Provider) Church on Sunday. Then I'll be off on the 8 a.m. ship Monday morning, overnighting in Entebbe, before flying to spend two weeks with Vaughn and Chiana Hutchinson near Johannesburg.

Sorry no photos. Did try but the bandwidth here wouldn't take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment